Sunday, June 6, 2010

Somewhere over Lake Ontario


Heading over Lake Ontario. What a vast and humbling body of water. It appears wider than the straight of Georgia between Vancouver and the island. And I cannot even see the far east end of it though I am several thousand feet above the blue waters.

Only about 10 min from TO. A city I once visited once in 1997 on a layover to Trinidad. I did explore the art museum, saw Munch's the scream and hung out with some people I travelled to the Caribbean with on a FAM back when I was a travel agent.

Strangely, once again I am transporting a bottle of Bombay Sapphire into the city (long story).

(later…after landing)
Shuttling along on the airporter it is hard to believe Toronto is as huge as it is. Being so flat you can’t see how far it extends and keep expecting to see the lakeshore at any moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment